Monday 28 April 2014

The Trip

I'm writing this next post from the middle of the Atlantic (near where Shehnaz is from (work joke)!). I thought this would be a good time to briefly explain my route: from Chile I'm going to Bolivia, Peru, Colombia, Panama, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Honduras, Guatemala, Belize and Mexico. On average I'm in each country for around a week. Transit will consist of coaches, planes and boats in the Caribbean. A map of this can be seen below to try and illustrate the distance:


Today has been a long and strenuous day, which was made more stressful as Alitalia nearly lost my luggage. I was up at 5:30am to get to Heathrow for a flight from London to Milan, then Milan to Paris (Orly) before my final flight from Paris Charles de Gaulle to Santiago, Chile. All-in-all a trip of 27 hours. I have around 12 hours left of the flight but after 3 beers, a glass of champagne and 3 double Johnny Walker's (on this flight alone) I'll be soon off to sleep! 



No comments:

Post a Comment